Reverb 10 - Prompt 1 - One Word

#reverb10 is about reflecting on this year and manifesting what's next.  Each day a prompt is posted to reflect on and respond to.
I am a reader of Ali Edwards' blog so I have been choosing a word for the year for a few years.  I like the idea of a simple focus.  This year I choose serenity.   Not sure how serene our lives have been, we are quite busy with work and two school-agers!  I chose my word partially because of this prayer.   Which is a good reminder and some food for thought.  I often wonder about the "reasonably happy" part. 

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. 
 
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr


Still pondering what the word for 2011 will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment